Sunday, March 11, 2012

Classroom Divider


I made a classroom divider today. I wanted to create a mobile word wall for my small group time but also thought a divider would be helpful to keep kids focused. So my plan is to either hang a small whiteboard on the pegboard side in order to write the words on for the word wall or use a pocket chart on the empty side for a word wall.

Here are the materials I used to create this divider:
2 1" PVC pipes - 4' in length for horizontal bars
2 1" PVC pipes - 56" in height for vertical bars
6 1" PVC elbows - 4 for feet, 2 for top bar
4 1" PVC T's - 2 for bottom bar, 2 for feet
Pegboard cut to desire
1 bag of zip ties - used to attach pegboard to divider

Now I just hope this divider will come in handy during the year!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way to add wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sturdy was it in the end? Were you able to get a lot of use out of it?

    ReplyDelete